Thursday, April 24, 2008

On the Shoulders of Giants

If you read other blogs you have noticed that many of them have catchy names. Marginal Revolution, Cafe Hayek, Guesswork Theory are some examples. So I've decided to do the same. If you notice the title at the top of this page is "My Shoulders". For me this site is a chance to be plugged into a community of learning and teaching each other. I've enjoyed reading others ideas (in their comments here and on their personal pages) as much as I have enjoyed writing my own. For me, the name symbolizes that idea. I am just a dwarf, standing on the shoulders of giants. I hope "My Shoulders" help others to see a little farther.

"We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did, not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they, but because they raise us up, and by their great stature add to ours."
-12th century theologian and author John of Salisbury

***Note: This blog name was short lived, and the name Bottlenecked was later taken for good***

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.