Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Blockbuster's Future, A Guest Story

Despite my warnings, my wife recently visited Blockbuster. This is her story:

Her: (After picking up the last disc of Mad Men season 4, she walked up to line. A couple minutes go by.)

Another customer: Why are there 4 employees and only 1 register open? Why you make us all wait like that?

Employees: Sorry sorry sorry (as 1 more register was opened and the old crotchety man was helped. But then that new register was closed once he was helped. Eventually my wife got to the front of the line with cash in hand.)


Employee: Oh your paying with cash. We'll have to go to another register. (They move to another register.)


Employee: Is this Blockbuster card new?


Her: No. It's pretty old. I got it when I lived in Clemson.


Employee: Oh, the nationwide system can't read this.


Her: Can I give you a phone number?


Employee: We don't do that anymore. Do you have card for your license number?


Her: I don't know. I just want to rent this.


Employee: Well let's try that (she tries to run her licence number). Nope that doesn't work. Would like to fill out the paperwork for a new card?


Her: I already have a card. I just want to rent this.


Employee: Well let's try that card again. Oh here it is! But this says it's for Harrison Brookie?


Her: Yes he's my husband. I can call and get his licence number.


Employee: No, it has to be you.


Her: [sigh] I just want to rent this...


Employee: Okay (somehow her card magically works now).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.