Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Year's Resolution Evaluation

For a number of reasons, most of my New Year's resolutions have not been met. Here's the grade I give each of them:

Moderate exercise for 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week.
D= went well for the first week, not much to report after that

Drink 0-1/2 a soft drink daily in my home.
A= nearly flawless victory

Read the Bible every weekday.
F= not even close, but it's looking up for the future

Pray regularly.
C= average still isn't great

Clean the house for 10 minutes a day.
D= same as exercise, started off strong

I must admit failure, but not defeat. I still want to complete all of these goals and this short podcast Scientific American really help put things in perspective. Here's the highlights:
  • There are benefits in just thinking about them, even if you never actually meet them.
  • You're better off to be going backwards and catch yourself than be inactive.
  • Should have set more goals, like 45. Maybe next year.
Hopefully there's a better report next time, I don't want to negatively influence your self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.