Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Worthwhile Sentences on Understanding

From Bryan Caplan: "Linking views you don't like with Hitler is of course the ultimate political cheap shot. But as an economist, I don't mind buying cheap, especially if the quality is good."

From Oliver Stone: "You cannot approach history unless you have empathy for the person you may hate.”

From Smart Money: if we actually buy a green product, we appear to take it as license to act like jerks."

From the Meteuphoric blog: nothing makes an activity feel safe like a gargantuan authority calmly informing me of the risks of it. If the government’s advertising something, everyone knows about it, and if there’s no panic or banning, it’s probably safe.

From The Browser: "White liberals champion green values partly as a substitute for religion, which has largely lost its grip on them"

*Past worthwhile sentences.

2 comments:

  1. Having seen some of Stone's films, I would invite him to practice what he preaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Stone is practicing that in his films, or at least he claims to.

    And I don't think white liberals champion green values as a substitute for religion. I know a lot of white liberals, and they do it because they care about the planet we live on and how its degradation affects other people.

    ReplyDelete

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.