Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You're Doing It Right Jon Stewart/Mann

Jonathan Mann runs the site Rock Cookie Bottom, where he writes and performs an original song a day. Here's a favorite:



Part of Jonathan's commitment to write a song a day is his belief that if you produce a lot, then at least some of it will be great. He explains it well in the lyrics of his song Anthem: "just do the things that you love to do and do them all day long, just let yourself just to suck sometimes", which was recorded while he was traveling on a train from NYC. Sometimes I'm afraid to try something risky because I might fail. Some of his songs aren't that great, like "I'm So Tired of Capitalism", but some of them are pure gold, like "Obama Neurosis".

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.