Friday, September 03, 2010

What Blogging Is All About

My economics students set up their own blogs this week and it just so happened that this last weekend was a great example of why. Good friend and fellow blogger, Justin Scott, recently posted a humble yet honest response to author Anne Rice's decision to leave the Christianity. Though she still professes belief in Christ, she has grown weary of the problems within the Church. Although Justin's post was very worthwhile, what came after was what I want to mention. Anne Rice personally gave a short reply. After that dozens of her readers commented, creating a vibrant discussion. I've posted on the benefits of blogging before, but this is a real world example of self-publishing bringing real publishing and their readers together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.