Friday, September 24, 2010

Y Laugh Marathon and Dual Duel Weekend

Tomorrow begins the Dirty South Improv Theater's 9th Annual Y Laugh Benefit to support the YMCA scholarship fund. It starts at 7pm Friday and goes for 24 hours, ending 7pm Saturday. I'll be performing my regular slot at 10:30pm with Mister Diplomat. I'll also be playing soon after at 12:30am with my team, the theater's longest running Harold team, The 708. The shows continue all night with a core 7 company members (not me) playing the entire 24 hours. You can stop in to see a show for $10, or pay $15 to stay all night (and morning and night again) long. Either way it all goes to help youth go to summer camp.

The other big news is my recently created duo team, Suggestion Box, is moving on to the Dual Duel (that's two versus two) finals. Audience suggestions and votes got me and the always funny John Reitz this far. Come out Saturday night at 9:30 to take us to victory. The second half of that set features PT Scarborough's one man show where he overdubs the dialogue, effects, and soundtrack of a movie he's never seen before (video here). If you can't make it this weekend, there are shows every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at the theater. So stopping watching TV on you're couch and come watch live shows in a chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.