Thursday, January 12, 2012

Worthwhile Sentences on Relationships

From Justin Landwehr: "Maybe I don’t want to care about impressing you, but I sure as hell want you to care about impressing me"

From economist Al Roth: "Let’s just say that marriage is a dynamic game that you play over a lifetime."

From the Simple Dollar: "The trick to a good presentation is to realize that the audience mostly just wants for the presentation to be over so they can do other things"

From Leela Turanga Turanga Leela: "Society is never gonna make any progress until we all learn to pretend to like each other."

From Anna Jonathan Franzen: “Love is about bottomless empathy, born out of the heart’s revelation that another person is every bit as real as you are.”

4 comments:

  1. It's Turanga Leela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna quoting Franzen... which I had totally forgotten about, so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to work on my citations...

    ReplyDelete

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.