Friday, January 16, 2009

150 Posts in 1 Year Deserves a Furlough

The recent increase in the number of posts here is partially due to the free time I had over the holidays; but it is mostly an effort to get out my backlog of thoughts before I take a break. Starting today, on my 1 year blog-iversary, I will refrain from posting and reading blogs for the next 30 days. The main goal is to evaluate just how much time and effort I put into it. Since the creation of the Bottlenecked blog I have been debating about my benefit, reader's enjoyment, and possible selfishness of personal blogging. I'll be back in a month, rested and eager to share.

Also, here are some posts in progress you can expect when I get back: the economics of relationships, solutions to democracy, evidence against tithing, why this recession might be a good thing, and a guest post on Obama's inauguration from a current expat. If I find something I just have to share, I'll post it in the Bookmarks. See you on February 16th!

1 comment:

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.