Monday, January 12, 2009

Economics of Debate

With all the news of bankruptcy and bailouts, it got me thinking about what it might look like if an individual got "too big to fail." Have you ever found yourself so invested in a discussion that it becomes less about the topic and more about your ego? For me, at least, there have been times where a political, religious, or marital argument has gotten so intense that there is no chance to save face. In those instances I have seen rational people, myself included, fight to the bitter end on a string on illogical arguments. It is times like these when we should admit our argumentative bankruptcy. So if you ever find yourself "too big to fail", close down for the betterment of future business (discussion).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.