Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Five Factor Model of Personality Test

Although I'm a big fan of Myers-Briggs, I have heard of the Five Factor Model of Personality. So I took the test and here are my results:
Extraversion:
This trait reflects preference for, and behavior in, social situations. People high in extraversion are energetic and seek out the company of others. Low scorers (introverts) tend to be more quiet and reserved. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (40) is relatively high.

Agreeableness:
This trait reflects how we tend to interact with others. People high in agreeableness tend to be trusting, friendly and cooperative. Low scorers tend to be more aggressive and less cooperative. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (19) is relatively low.

Conscientiousness:
This trait reflects how organized and persistent we are in pursuing our goals. High scorers are methodical, well organized and dutiful. Low scorers are less careful, less focused and more likely to be distracted from tasks. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (21) is relatively low.

Neuroticism:
This trait reflects the tendency to experience negative thoughts and feelings. High scorers are prone to insecurity and emotional distress. Low scorers tend to be more relaxed, less emotional and less prone to distress. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (11) is relatively low.

Openness:
This trait reflects 'open-mindedness' and interest in culture. High scorers tend to be imaginative, creative, and to seek out cultural and educational experiences. Low scorers are more down-to-earth, less interested in art and more practical in nature. Compared to other people who have taken this test, your score on this dimension (24) is about average.
Extraversion should be no surprise. I didn't really get Agreeableness, after all I love people. But then I remembered how little I liked group work and how I am always trying to figure out what people are "actually thinking". My low score on Conscientiousness is part of the reason why I started this blog. I have a goal of learning, but it is hard for me to get motivated to read. So I use my Extraversion and desire to teach people as motivation to organize my thoughts. As for Neuroticism, well if you've met me I'm pretty laid back. Openess also threw me for a loop at first. Then I remembered my recent trip to D.C. I loved going to see the Washington Improv Theater, but was quickly bored at the American History Museum (and I teach US History). I guess it depends on the cultural experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.