Monday, November 23, 2009

Mister Diplomat Blog: A World Without Oprah

I've recently become a contributer to the Mister Diplomat comedy blog. Here's my first post:
In 1984, Oprah Winfrey became the host of a morning talk show that in less than a year became so popular that it was renamed The Oprah Winfrey Show. That means I have never lived in a world without Oprah on TV, but this is about to change. Last Friday Oprah announced that she will be ending the show next season. From a ridiculous interview with Tom Cruise to pulling a Radio Flyer wagon full of 67 pounds of fat that she lost, who knew a woman with misspelled Bible character’s name could go so far. Even worse, with Oprah not giving away cars, boosting book sales or starting new television shows, we may just fall back into a recession. But don’t fret middle aged housewives, there is some silver lining to this daytime storm cloud. Perhaps Chicagoans who used to devote their time to Oprah will now leave their homes and go see some great improv. And now maybe now she’ll finally have time to take us up on our Diplomat guest offer.
Subscribe here to see me get my comedy writing feet wet.

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention launching a presidential candidate into the White House with her support!

    ReplyDelete

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.