Thursday, November 05, 2009

Phillies Lose Globally

Just a few minutes ago the New Yankees beat out the Philadelphia Phillies in game 6 of the World Series. After the game I noticed the players were wearing championship merchandise with their logo on it. This got me thinking, what would happen if this was game 7 and they didn't know who would win? Answer: they would make two versions and shred the products of the losing team. Seems like a waste to me and apparently to the NFL:
They will be shipped Monday morning to a warehouse in Sewickley, Pa., near Pittsburgh, where they will become property of World Vision, a relief organization that will package the clothing in wooden boxes and send it to a developing nation, usually in Africa.
Sadly, even in third world countries, the Phillies still lost.

2 comments:

  1. I'd say in third world countries, the Phillies won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should clarify, MLB shreds the merchandise from the losers. The NFL is the one that gives them to third world countries.

    ReplyDelete

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.