Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Christmas Audio Wishlist

As I mentioned last year, Christmas is a tough time for people who like efficiency. 'Tis the season to give and receive more gifts then we would have otherwise bought without the social pressures of December 25th. Even worse, many of those gifts cost more than the person receiving them would have ever paid (creating a loss of wealth). Now before you call me Grinch, let me state that the increase in happiness people get from spending time with other people most likely outweighs the loss from gifts. That said, what I most want most from my loyal blog readers is not something I can buy myself, but something only you can give me. We all come across lectures, sermons, talks on different topics that we found interesting, but we don't always share them. This is your chance to make my daily commute more interesting with your favorite TED talk, NPR interview, or even local sermon. After all, I'm not afraid of the intangible gift. Please post the links in the comments and thanks in advance.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that this gift is not very personalized, but some of the TED talks I found most worthwhile are here: http://wehrintheworld.blogspot.com/search?q=TED+talk.

    I watch and listen to so much stuff that it is hard for me to come up with a best-of list. If you named some topics you wanted to know more about I could probably be of more help in pointing you to things.

    ReplyDelete

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.