Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Worthwhile Sentences on Education

From Justin Wehr: "The single biggest problem in the public school system is that schools are run by politicians in the interest of politicians instead of by businesspeople in the interest of parents."

From Lindsey Jones: "This is not to say that I need my students to love – or even like – what I’m teaching them in order for me to like and appreciate my job. But I gotta say, I’ve started to feel more like a parking cop and less like a purveyor of life-enriching knowledge."

From Tyler Cowen: "Vampires do not seem to mind social disapproval, and in this sense many teens look to them as role models."

From Mark Perry quoting Larry Summers: "male intelligence is inherently more variable than female intelligence."

From Penelope Trunk: "In typical parent fashion, parents stress what they are lacking so that their kids don’t lack it."

*Past worthwhile sentences.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to Lindsey's comment! As far as Justin's comment, shouldn't it be in the interest of the students?

    ReplyDelete

You are the reason why I do not write privately. I would love to hear your thoughts, whether you agree or not.